By Sienna Bester / LifeatStart.com Reporter
Anxiety is something that many people struggle with, especially in school.
People are always trying to find ways to relieve it, so here is a list of ways to reduce anxiety:
- Take a deep breath. The first thing you do is take a deep breath when you get anxious. Try inhaling and exhaling slowly.
- Get enough sleep. Inconsistent sleep can affect you physically and mentally. Try to sleep for at least seven to nine hours at night.
- Eat right. Usually when people have anxiety their appetite might change, or they might crave certain foods. Try eating food that contains nutrients such as vitamin B. For example a lot of seafood has vitamin B.
- Meditate. A number of recent studies highlight the positive effects of meditation on anxiety, mood, and stress symptoms.
- Play around. Offer to take a neighbor’s dog out for a walk, or babysit for an afternoon to take your mind off of things.
- Be silent. Plan for a time when you can completely disconnect. That means no TV, no phone, no computer, nothing. Just be silent.
For me taking a deep breath helps me when I’m feeling anxious.
If you have any other suggestions contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posts by this author: